For four weeks this January and February, Wyman had the pleasure of hosting AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) Fire Team 5 at our Eureka Campus. The team departed their cabins on February 15th after a month of hard work and lasting impact at camp and in the greater St. Louis region.
During their stay, the crew worked on a variety of on-site projects that are particularly valuable as we prepare to welcome Wyman teens back for our first residential summer camp since 2019.
- Construction of new shelving for program storage areas and maintenance
- Trail work on the Lucky Maple Trail
- Invasive species control and brush removal
- Replacement of benches at the Council Ring
- Construction of a new arbor
- Maintenance inspections and minor repairs to all buildings on campus
- Deep cleaning the Dining Hall, kitchen, cabins, and the Health Lodge
- Waxing and polishing floors in multiple buildings
- Repairs to many Dining Hall chairs and benches
- Painting offices and parts of the kitchen
While in Eureka, we were thrilled to offer NCCC Fire Team 5 some Camp Wyman experiences, including tree climbing, the climbing tower, target sports, and a campfire experience with Kunama Mtendaji.
The group enjoyed their stay at camp and in St Louis, and Wyman staff T-Bone, Alex, Wynter, Hannah, Malachi, and Jason had a great time working with them. The entire Wyman family is extremely grateful for their service and dedication to our region – and look forward to more collaborations with AmeriCorps NCCC teams in the future.