Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program® is a nationally replicated, evidence-based best practice program used by schools, communities and other youth practitioners to empower teens to lead successful lives and build strong communities. Through a combination of curriculum-guided group discussion and volunteer service learning, TOP® promotes the positive development of adolescents – reducing the risk of problem behavior while developing healthy behaviors, life skills and a sense of purpose in participants.
In a 12-year study of the program participants in Wyman’s TOP® show:
- 52% lower risk of school suspension
- 60% lower risk of course failure
- 53% lower risk of pregnancy
- 60% lower risk of school dropout
Wyman is pleased to offer the Teen Outreach Program® in partnership with a variety of schools and organizations in the St. Louis area. If TOP® is available in your area, you may contact your child’s school or the local organization to sign up.
St. Louis area TOP® partners for 2013-2014 school year include:
- Wyman’s Near South Side TOP® (middle and high school age youth)
- Brittany Woods Middle School (7th grade)
- Normandy Middle School (6th and 7th grade)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope
- The Greater St. Louis Federation of Settlement Houses and Neighborhood Centers
If you are interested in delivering TOP® in a St. Louis area school or organization, speak with your school administrator or contact Allison Williams at (636) 549-1231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.