The Summer Nurse is responsible for the overall wellbeing of campers and staff during summer camp, part of Wyman’s Teen Leadership Program (TLP).
1. Coordinate and conduct health screenings with all teens on the first day of each session. Collect, log and check in camper medications, and ensure a health history form is received for all campers.
2. Provide routine and emergency care for teens and staff in accordance with American Camp Association health plan.
3. Coordinate care of teens and staff as appropriate with Program Manager and Physician on call.
4. Communicate teen health care concerns, issues, and updates with camper parents/guardians as appropriate and necessary.
5. Keep, update and maintain medical log of all treatments and medications administered to teens and staff.
6. Ensure all records, files, information, and processes remain in compliance with HIPAA confidentiality protection standards.
7. Provide necessary training to campers and staff about good health and safety practices in the camp environment.
8. Collaborate with the Program Manager to maintain Health Lodge supplies.
Click here to learn more and apply.
About the Teen Leadership Program
Our diverse team is dedicated to serving the young people who inspire us every day. As a result of Wyman’s Teen Leadership Program, teens across the region are able to build academic success, healthy behaviors and relationships and life and leadership skills. They graduate on-time, are accepted colleges and universities, and participate in community service at rates far beyond their peers.
The six-year youth development program includes:
- College access programming
- Leadership development
- Adventure challenge experiences
- Community service and engagement
- Summer residential experiences on Wyman’s Eureka campus, known as “Camp Wyman”
- College tours and college immersion visits
- Post-secondary support and coaching
- Career exploration
Wyman is recognized by some of the nation’s leading youth development organizations and ranked among the best places to work in St. Louis. To support the next generation of leaders, we encourage you to join us, stand with them and apply.