Wyman Center is a nonprofit organization based in St. Louis, Missouri that partners with communities to provide teens with the supports and opportunities they need to survive AND thrive in life. Wyman programs change the odds for young people from disadvantaged circumstances, allowing them to become economically self-sufficient, leaders in their communities and ultimately, to break the cycle of poverty.
Wyman’s mission is to enable teens from economically disadvantaged circumstances to lead successful lives and build strong communities.
HOW DO WE SERVE?
- By providing highly effective programs that are rooted in youth development research and evidence based approaches;
- delivering programs directly in St. Louis;
- building and managing a network of partners that deliver programs regionally and nationally;
- identifying gaps in youth services and implementing solutions to address them; and
- advocating for evidence-based, highly effective youth development programs to influence providers and policy makers.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
Our programs enable youth to become self-confident, compassionate and accountable; lead, plan, problem solve and communicate; be successful in school and in life; and be well prepared to act as contributing students, family members, employees and citizens. Teens in Wyman programs are achieving grade level advancement on time, graduating high school, moving on to college and developing a sense of responsibility for themselves and their communities.
WE ARE 110 YEARS OLD AND COUNTING
Founded in 1898 by a group of prominent St. Louis citizens, Wyman’s original purpose was to provide children living in sweltering tenements with fresh air, good food and healthy outdoor activities. In the year 2000, Wyman narrowed its focus to the particular, and increasingly complex, needs of today’s teens by developing and administering long-term, outcome-based programs to help teens find meaning and purpose, develop healthy lifestyles, and then share their success with their communities.
ACCOUNTABILITY & TRANSPARENCY
Download our latest Form 990
Download our latest Annual Report
Download our latest Audited Financial Statements
Download our IRS Letter of Determination 501(c)3
See our listing on GuideStar
See our listing on Charity Navigator